Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello Hanoi

Flying over the Australian desert

I felt a bit silly wearing the slippers but everyone else was. So if you're wondering what's in business class- a whole bunch of people wearing silly slippers.

Ayres Rock

Real cockery- the food was YUM.

Singapore

The beautiful roses that Johnny surprised me with

Hello! I've decided to start this blog because I'm rubbish with keeping in touch with everyone, so think of this as my letter home to all of you about our adventures.

I've arrived in Hanoi safe and well. News so far:

:: Found business class on Singapore Airlines to be AMAZING. No joke, it's going to be sad to go back to anything less now I know what's up front. Also, my luggage was 20kgs over and they let it on for free. Phew!

:: Johnny surprised me at the airport with a big bunch of roses. Exactly what you need after being in transit for what felt like forever. On the drive home we passed a motorbike with 2 packed in cages full of cute (sad) puppies. Any aspirations of getting a puppy here has well and truly been smashed. Too sad.

:: The apartment is awesome. I love it already. I can't wait to make it more homey.

:: It's very foggy here. At least I think it's fog. I really hope it's fog.

:: I had breakfast this morning and people watched- or rather outfit perved. Lots of supercute outfits. There are way more glam women then I thought there would be. I'm so glad I brought most of my wardrobe and heels! (by the way, the boxes I sent last week arrived yesterday too).

:: No Facebook so far in our apartment. You can get around it but I think that's an exercise for another day. If you want to comment do it here cause I won't be able to see it otherwise!

Hope every is enjoying the rest of the crazy looooong Easter weekend. Looking forward to bringing you more updates soon! x

6 comments:

  1. You flew business class?! Super jealous Joeii. I love your new blog, but am still expecting some hand written letters from you!!!

    love, anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it Johnny is alive then... we hadn't heard so weren't quite sure! Hope you love it Jo, we can't wait to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo. Hurrah for your new blog. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so looks like you're enjoying everything there, good for you!! go wander around the city so you can be a good tour guide when i'm there in august. and expecting you to update jodeska as well. and sparkapolooza - put up the new brief! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope we get upgraded when we come over, tell Pweei we're thinking of him tooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the love. Flying out to Bangkok at the crack of dawn on Saturday, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete